Spaces & Places Workshop: Social Development – Jun 29
Location: Gym D
Date: June 29, 2017
Love your community and the people in it?
Help us imagine how a renewed Britannia can continue to put people first.
Come share your ideas about the spaces and services needed to support the people in our community when they need it the most – like new parents, kids and teens, seniors and elders, new immigrants, or vulnerable populations.
· Introduction to the workshop, the Britannia Renewal process, and to clarify the focus on social development programs and spaces at Britannia.
· A presentation on exciting examples of different types of social development facilities and spaces that have been incorporated at community centres locally and from around the world.
· Working in small groups participants will be asked the following questions:
– What do you LOVE about Britannia’s social development programs and spaces?
– What would you CHANGE about Britannia’s social development programs and spaces?
– What kinds of social programs and spaces would you like to SEE in a renewed Britannia?
· Participants will work in small groups on a collage activity to create a vision for facilities to support holistic human development at Britannia (e.g., for children, teens, adults, families and senior/elders)
· Each small group is then invited to present a summary. After hearing all the proposed ideas, participants will vote on their three favourite ideas.