1661 Napier Street
Vancouver, BC V5L 4X4
Post Date: June 1, 2017
June 8, 2017 @6:00-9:00pm
Location Britannia Library
Is Britannia a place where you LOVE to LEARN?
Come and share your ideas with the design team!
Help us imagine what kind of learning places and facilities a renewed Britannia could offer the community to support things like library
services, classes, workshops, presentations and community events. Let’s get creative with ideas from our own community (that’s you!),
and great examples from elsewhere.
· Introduction to the workshop, the Britannia Renewal process, and to clarify the focus on lifelong learning at Britannia.
· A presentation on exciting examples of different types of lifelong learning facilities and spaces locally and from around the world.
· Working in small groups participants will be asked the following
– What do you LOVE about Britannia’s learning programs
– What would you CHANGE about Britannia’s learning
programs and spaces?
– What kinds of learning programs and spaces would you like
to SEE and PARTICIPATE in a renewed Britannia?
· Participants will work in small groups on a collage activity to create a vision of lifelong learning facilities and activities for Britannia.
· Each small group is then invited to present a summary.
After hearing all the proposed ideas, participants will vote on their three