1661 Napier Street
Vancouver, BC V5L 4X4
Post Date: June 8, 2017
June 22, 2017 @6:00-9:00pm
Location Gym D
Interested in the future of arts & culture spaces at Britannia?
Come and share your ideas with the design team!
Britannia hums with music, is alive with art, and is a place of cultural
exploration. Help us imagine what kinds of arts and cultural spaces a
renewed Britannia could offer the community in the future.
· Introduction to the workshop, the Britannia Renewal process, and to clarify the focus on arts and culture programs and spaces at Britannia.
· A presentation on exciting examples of different types of arts and culture facilities and spaces that have been incorporated at community centres locally and from around the world.
· Day-in-the-Life exercise where participants are invited to map out the various arts and culture programs and activities that take place at Britannia through the day and night.
· Working in small groups participants will be asked the following questions:
– What do you LOVE about Britannia’s arts and culture programs and spaces?
– What would you CHANGE about Britannia’s arts and culture programs and spaces?
– What kinds of arts and culture programs and spaces would you
like to SEE and PARTICIPATE in a renewed Britannia?
· Participants will work in small groups on a collage activity to create a vision of arts and culture facilities for Britannia.
· Each small group is then invited to present a summary. After hearing all the proposed ideas, participants will vote on their three favourite ideas.